Friday, September 9, 2011

It's me again.

So much has gone on since the last time I blogged. I thought I would be really chatty, but don't seem to take the time to sit down and write. Hopefully, I'll get better. I have about 5 new patterns coming to my web site. I'm in the process of updating it today. I wanted to let you know that Jan Adams will be vending for me in Indiana at Camp Camby (near Indianapolis). I have all my new patterns there and several new rugs hooked for you to see. I'm featuring one pattern for the fall at $10.00 off the regular price, but apparently I didn't get a picture of it before I sent it off. It's a simple pattern of 3 pumpkiins and 3 crows. It primitive and cute. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

The picture above is one of new rugs called "Fraktur Love Birds". I also am selling the wool applique as a kit. The rug is 33 x 19 and is $52.00 on monks and $65.00 on linen. The wool applique kit will include all wool and a paper pattern. The cost will be $60.00. The rug was hooked by Kathy Simmons and was color planned by Cammie Bruce. I told them I would like to see old gold birds and reds for the flowers. I love what they did. I will be working on my web site (as much as it depends on me). Dorla Kennworthy created the wool applique. If you're not familiar with Dorla's work I can tell you she's got a great primitive eye and does beautiful hand work.

Linda Brannock also has a new really primitive pattern called, "My daughter, My sister and Me. Its just darling. Watch for more information coming.

I hope you all have a great fall. I'm sad to see summer leave. It seems like it just got here. It wend way to fast. Oh...by the way I had 3 really great camps this year. Aileen Anderson taught a darling rug called "Sally". Several of them are finished and I will post them soon. Cammie Bruce taught the first week of May and it was so fun. She has a great color sense and we seem to gravitate to the same color values etc. Jayne Hester was so fun and the rugs "turned out" were spectacular. Sorry you missed this year, but hopefully we can have some more great classes next year.

If you're ever in the area please call and come by. Have a great weekend.
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment