Thursday, January 26, 2012

Winter or Spring?? Not sure.

Today is January 26, 2012, the temperature was 53 today. Wow. Not sure what's going on, but it sure feels better than the teen and zero numbers we normally have. I have been working on some new patterns and will have them posted on my web site soon. I really always plan to blog a lot, but it's far down on my "to do" list.

I am posting a couple of new patterns. I'll have them on my web site soon.

I call this pattern above, "Peppermint Pony". We were with our good friends, Kathy and Gary Simmons, at Marburger Farms in Round Top, Texas and saw this old rug. The horse was done in varying shades of black, the other colors are old reds, sort of soft dirty oranges, dirty cream and black again. It was amazing. I drew it last week and have sold a couple so hopefully I will have a finished rug to put on my web site in awhile.

Another new pattern is "Fraktur Floral No. 2". I have all sorts of ideas for this rug and several people are hooking this too. Here's a line drawing of it.



I just got back from Eureka Springs, AR. Every year in January we have a hook-in at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks. It is a wonderful hooking vacation. This year there were 46 women and we all had a great time. I forgot my camera (are you kidding me!) so I don't have any pictures, but I can get some from other gals and will try to get them posted.

Also, the big news is that Ryan is getting married. He is marrying Anessa Stokes Reynolds. We really like her and are happy for them. They will live next door which is great with us. Will try to post pics of the wedding...it's the last of February.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice-I stumbled across a picture of your Hazel's Runner on another blog and excitedly came to your website. You have such neat patterns. I've bookmarked your site and need to whittle down my list! (Not sure how to do that just yet!) Looking forward to seeing your new patterns as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete